Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Iraq War Costs

A US soldier in Iraq allegedly shot and murdered two other US soldiers.

I don't know the facts in this case so I won't speculate on the reasons this happened which could be almost anyhting.

But the fact which I can comment on is; Two More Deaths.

Does anyone not connected care at all? Does the politician who uses the War (pro or against) know about this situation? Does any of the true cost and horror being visited upon people register at all? The Surge (and the disgusting rush to capitalize upon it's success in lowering violence) has allowed people the ability to compartmentalize the War costs.

A la the narrator speaking with Tyler Durden in Fight Club, "That's the last sofa I'm gonna need. Whatever else happens, I've got that sofa problem handled."

To many of the American People that Sofa is the Surge. "Golly gee I sure don't need to worry about that darn Iraq War anymore."

Maj. Gen. Anthony Cucolo called the deaths "a tragic and senseless loss of two professional soldiers..." The problem is the entire war is a tragic and senseless loss of thousands of lives.

No comments: