Thursday, December 3, 2009

Convict Coffee or I Have A Bean

This is a laudable effort. Unlike merely accepting a convicts assertion that he strokes jesus the Second Chance Coffee Company at 657 Childs Street Wheaton, Illinois offers released convicts employment as one part of an effort to stem recidivism. Recidivism really means, as every cop knows, once a piece of shit criminal always a piece of shit criminal.

I Have A Bean is a excellent idea which may help stop the cycle and give these p.o.s. criminals a real second chance, which they don't receive in the criminal training ground known as prison. And even if it fails most of the time, it will be a success, if it helps even a single perp turn his life around.

Someone very special to me turned me on... to this story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, G-e-G -- thanks for posting this info (it's sorta my neck of the woods, but I've never heard of the company). Good to know.

BTW, the "tributes" to yourself and your blog (on the left) are a hoot! Especially the one from the Pit Bull. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, no? :)