Sunday, July 5, 2009

Money!

Yes The Eddie Money! I got a chance to see him on 3 July rocking the Arlington Heights Frontier Days. Money is 60 and his voice sounds it due to his rock and roll lifestyle excesses. But, what was classic were Eddie's comments:

I sold 7 million records and got married four times. I'm broke, come up and buy a CD for $5!
This ones for the ladies who loved me in the eighties!


For the most part, the "true" Money fans arrived early and grabbed prime spots near the stage whilst I was relegated to the 380 foot marker and the majority of the crowd merely enjoyed him as back drop music. That was until he played one of his monster hits; Two Tickets, Baby Hold On, Take Me Home Tonight, then they joined in and sung-shouted the half remembered lyrics.

Of course, the fair also provided the nearly unending fun of people watching, punctuated by spotting a rocking Femullet and of being cognizant of the bad element, a few of whom I noted despite the efforts of the AHPD.

No comments: