Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everyone's Gotta Sacrifice

Karma Police
I've given all I can
It's not enough
I've given all I can
~ Karma Police, Radiohead

George W. Busch was interviewed by Politico recently. Some of his answers were eye openers but I almost teared up reading about the sacrifice the man whom no one has suffered more than during the last 5 years:

Question: Mr. President, you haven't been golfing in recent years. Is that related to Iraq?

Busch: Yes, it really is. I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.

To give up golf during trying times like these! The Strength, The Courage, The Balls! Busch's Clubs should be placed on his Altar of Sacrifice at his 100,000 acre Paraguay Presidental Library.

Question: Mr. President, for the record, is global warming real?

Busch: Yes, it is real, sure is.

Holy shit! Somebody tell the bloviating pederast Rush Limbaugh to attack Bush for his Gore-like Global Warming statement!

Busch: The biggest issue we face is -- it's bigger than Iraq -- it's this ideological struggle against cold-blooded killers who will kill people to achieve their political objectives.

Isn't that what we've been espousing as the prime goal in Iraq, especially with the Surge? To Kill the right (or wrong depending on your perspective) people in order to achieve our and ostensibly the Iraqi people's political goals.

Question: Mr. President, we know you're a man of intense faith.

Busch: Michael, I'd say daily. I mean, part of the faith walk is to understand your weaknesses and is to constantly try to embetter yourself and get closer to the Lord.

Obviously, Busch is a Simpsons fan as he extrapolates upon the motto of Jebediah Springfield, "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

Update (05/14):
Keith Olbermann Special Comment

No comments: