Monday, May 25, 2009

Self-Hating Veterans

You know who you are! The nasty and brutish vets who voted for a Hussein!

As the shift in voting patterns moves more people towards the Democratic Party and away from the insane Republicans, efforts are made to proclaim the vast majority of veterans are still republicans, this recent gallup poll shows veterans are more likely to be Republican, than the general public, but 62% identify themselves as Democrat/Independent. While it is fatuous to declare the parties have no difference whatsoever, I agree with words of Gore Vidal (“There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party ... and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat.") and Bill Maher (The Democrats are what the Republicans used to be).

Today the Democrats occasionally support progressive liberal issues but, most often kow-tow to the Corporate Power which controls this Nation and uses the government and veterans to enrich their off-shore bank accounts.

But, perhaps today there is a chance as The Pimp and The Prostitute Liz Dick continue their Media Tour, young vets will move away from the Pro Human Pain and Suffering Right Wing Chicken Hawks and towards the progressive liberal self-hating views of Pat Tillman and afford the poor and the middle class a chance to do something with their lives other than be allowed the Freedom to protect the property of the rich.

To all the Veterans out there... Ooh-Rah.



I add this here because I forgot one of principle problems with the Pro Human Pain and Suffering Republican America of today. Ideology trumps all in their eyes. Because of this veterans who do not hold to conservative ideals are ignored or ridiculed. Therefore, ignorant conservative fanatics ensure The Veterans of Foreign Wars supported a non-veteran Peter Roskam over Tammy Duckworth, a wounded veteran of a foreign "war" for political office. Or vehemently defend their decisions to support Saxby Chamblis over Max Cleland. One of the two went to Vietnam and was severely wounded one received 4/5ths the number of deferments Dick Cheney received.

Update:
This comment by Wile E. Quixote sums up nicely the current Conservative/Republican, a cowardly chicken hawk who more than willingly talks tough and ensures others go to fight for him/her. The Republican Party, the Party of Deferments:
American conservatives have less than zero credibility on military matters. Rush Limbaugh dodged the draft. Dick Cheney got five deferments during Vietnam (he needed five because he lost two of them for drunk driving). George W. Bush pulled strings to get into a champagne squadron of the Texas Air National Guard. Mitt Romney fagged off to France to be a missionary for a couple of years (All of the Mormons I knew in the Army did their two year missions and then once they were done, enlisted. Guess that never occurred to Mittens). Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Glen Beck, Michael Steele, Michael Savageweiner, William Bennett, Eric Cantor, John Boehner, Kathryn Jean Lopez, Rudy Giuliani, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Max Boot, Jonah Goldberg, William Kristol, John Podhoretz, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, are there any prominent conservatives under the age of 70 who have ever signed up, taken the oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, put on a uniform and served their country?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an infantry veteran, 11 Bravo. I hated every moment of my service. I am ashamed of my service, who I was, and what I did. The military institution and my superiors treated me like shit when I was in, the government treated me like shit when I got out. Fuck you for your service. The world is a bigger place than the barracks, the PX, and that weekend pass to Berlin. I was too poor and stupid to see how Bush and the republicans were pulling the wool over my eyes. I was wrong, and my friends are gone. i am a vet, I am a loser, President Trump told me I was a loser. Our commander and chief has called us losers, who are we to argue?