“Yes, I’ve found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I’ve been very distressed by that fact,” conceeded by former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan.Paul Ryan's budget has been accurately described as "Social Darwinism". Although I hate the term because the magnificent, venerable and kind Charles Darwin never proscribed any of the political doctrines labeled today as "Social Darwinism" anymore than Jesus proclaimed the Spanish Inquisition during the Sermon on the Mount.
"If it prevents a Debt Crisis..." Congressman Paul Ryan began when asked by the loving Corporate Media about his Path to Penury. However, Ryan's Budget doesn't address the Debt but immediately goes to cut taxes on the 1% and Corporations. And how do "we" pay for the estimated $4.6 Trillion in Tax Cuts for the Super Wealthy? Why by eliminating any Government function which aids or helps the poor, sick and old.
- In order, to pay for lowering the tax rates to 10% and 25%, those making less than $100,000 will pay a higher effective rate than they do today. While the "average" millionaire will see a tax cut of roughly $150,000 plus."You know that budget was a joke, doesn’t balance the budget for years,” Republican Congressman and Senate candidate Connie Mack stated of the Ryan budget plan during a weekend Orlando Tea Party forum. Mack, who missed the vote in Washington last week while he was fundraising in Florida for a Senate run, later said through a spokesman that he would have voted for it anyway.
- According to the CBO, 17 million people who gained Medicaid and CHIP coverage, thanks to Obamacare, would lose that coverage as a result of Ryan Plan of repealing the Affordable Care Act.
- It cuts a total of $1.7 trillion from Medicaid over the next decade, and according to CBO, is on track to cut the program by 75% by 2050.
- Reduces Pell Grants by more than $1,000 for 9.6 million students in 2014 and could eliminate Pell Grants for over one million students over the next decade.
- Kicks 60,000 low-income children out of the Head Start program in 2013 and 200,000 low-income children out of the program each year over the next decade.
- Cuts funding for Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
- Cuts the WIC program, Special Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for Women, Infants, and Children, Each year over the next decade, the cuts would kick 1.8 million women, infants, and children off the WIC program.
[More information can be found at: A Choice of Two Futures: A Look at How the Republican Budget Ends Medicare, Destroys Jobs, Benefits the Wealthy]
But, Mack is correct that the Ryan is a joke because any plan which doesn't address and slash the outrageous Military spending is doomed to fail or a dishonest doublespeak sham. And no Republican Budget would be complete without Orwellian Language. A section is titled "Repairing the Social Safety Net", by which Ryan and his 1% Masters mean the Safety Net's destruction because destroying Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid "repairs" them for the 1%.
As James Surowiecki notes in The New Yorker,
The Budget is, as many have said, an act of political theatre, a way for Republicans to demonstrate what they stand for.And what do the Republicans stand for? Wars and the very, very Rich.
It's obvious Paul Ryan and the Republicans are going to be promoting these Reverse Robin Hood plans every year. Back in 2011, Paul Ryan's Deathcare passed in the U.S. House because 235 of 240 Republicans voted for it. 40 of 45 Republican Senators voted for the Paul Ryan Deathcare Budget, Rand Paul voted in opposition but only because the Ryan spending cuts did not go far enough. Fortunately, it was defeated.
The Government isn't bankrupt and isn't bankrupting you. But, a Government enthralled to the 1% is already morally bankrupt and will seek to drive you into wage slavery at their Plutocratic Masters. And the rapacious never satisfied Wall Street, Banking Conglomertates, Oil Industries and DoD Contractors are the biggest receivers of U.S. Government monies. By Far. We're talking 10 Trillion Dollars over the last decade at least. There is your deficit and your debt. Languishing in the bank accounts of Warmongers having been sifted through the deserts of Iraq, HOA and Afghanistan.
What the Ryan Budget stands for, and what 99% of the Republicans in the U.S. government will vote for, is a shackled Government bonded to do the work of the Thieves, Vultures and Murderers of Wall Street. Once the Republicans have the Government shackled those shackles will be fastened onto you, too.
The Resurrection and Immaculate Deception of Paul Ryan by PERRspectives.
Call it Ryan's Book of Non-Revelations. And the result is a fiscal Armageddon. Of course, by now Paul Ryan's economic apostasy is Republican orthodoxy. The only surprise is that it took so long: in the world according to the GOP (if no one else), tax cuts magically pay for themselves and enable so-called "job creators." Three years after he first brought them The Good News, the GOP faithful have embraced Paul Ryan's cruel vision, if not the meek and the least of these.Ryan, Obama, and Deficits by Paul Krugman.
The Closer: The Ryan proposal would lead to bigger, repeat bigger, deficits than the Obama proposal.